A video promo is one of the most impactful ways to showcase your offerings and make a lasting impression.
In the ever-evolving marketing world, video promos have become a go-to strategy for businesses looking to elevate their brand. And with a staggering 92% of marketers reporting a positive return on investment from videos, it's no wonder why. Consumers also agree, with 89% saying a video has convinced them to buy a product or use a service.
But crafting a high-quality video promo is no small feat. That's why we've put together this guide to help you navigate the process step-by-step, from understanding what a video promo actually is to pro tips on maximizing your video's impact.
What Makes A Video Promo Different?
A video promo (or promotion) is an excellent asset in your video marketing strategy. But to maximize its potential, you need to understand what a video promo is and what makes it stand out among other online videos.
Video promos are a type of content that promotes a product or service, advertises a sale or event, or announces a new initiative. And by capturing the essence of your brand in a concise yet creative way, these short marketing videos can deliver both information and entertainment. Unlike traditional broad advertisements, video promos are directed toward your target audience and offer a solution to their specific problem.
When it comes to a video promo, it's all about captivating potential customers and inspiring them to take action. These types of videos rely on emotions and targeted messages to develop a connection with the audience. Though they may include specific sales, events, or pricing information, they're not meant to be an in-your-face sales pitch. Video promos should get the word out about your business and entice viewers to trust and choose you.
Why You Need One For Your Business
With a blend of engaging story-telling, impressive design elements, and some marketing campaign know-how, a video promo can offer a unique opportunity to rise above the competition, drive sales, and elevate your brand. Here are just a few of the many reasons to use a video promo:
- A well-executed video promo attracts new customers and reengages old ones. It can serve as an introduction to a newcomer, sparking curiosity and interest in your business. It can also remind previous customers of what you offer, increase their awareness of your upcoming events or promotions, and give them a reason to do business with you again.
- Offering a promotion or sale makes people more likely to buy. Science tells us that discounts and coupons increase oxytocin levels, making people happier, more relaxed, and more willing to purchase from you. Sometimes a video promo is all prospective customers need to take the plunge and try your product.
- Video promos effectively spread the word about events, sales, and promotions that have a limited time frame. Unlike other advertising methods, they provide an engaging story while quickly delivering key information to their viewers. This is especially helpful in situations where many people need to be informed in a short amount of time or need to remember to take action on specific dates.
- A video promo is perfect for sharing. They are often used to drive traffic and engage with potential customers across multiple platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. You can also share them in emails, newsletters, websites, youtube videos, or blogs. Because they are short and quickly sum up what you are offering, video promos are easily digestible and attention-grabbing.
Find a complete guide to repurposing your marketing videos in this article.
Where To Use Your Video Promo
It is essential to identify the best platforms and channels where your promotion can make the most significant impact and encourage action. So, where precisely should you position your video promo to get the most out of your invested time and money?
Your video promo should be one of your first impressions on prospective customers. Therefore, it's wise to use it for top-of-funnel marketing. However, these videos can be very effective across several platforms and channels. Knowing the best places to utilize them is integral to an effective marketing plan. Try using your video promos in the following areas:
93% of marketers said they gained a new customer from posting a social media video! Your social platforms not only let you share information with an expansive market, but they give you access to a captive audience- your followers. Posting a video promo targets buyers already interested in what you do and incentivizes them to engage further. And as a bonus- search engine algorithms favor social media posts that contain video.
Statistics show that videos increase your email open rate by 19%! Send your email subscribers your video promo in newsletters and email blasts. This brings your brand to the top of their mind and reminds them to take action before time runs out on your promotion.
Website or Landing Page
86% of video marketers report that having a website video increases traffic to their page! If you want to increase engagement with your target audience, post your video promo on your website or landing page. This is where mid-funnel leads can be nurtured into customers.
To learn more about website video creation, read this informative article.
Take your live events to the next level by incorporating a video promo. Captivate your audience with an intriguing promotional video at a trade show, corporate event, or even during a sales pitch. This will make a lasting impression on prospective customers and add a powerful element to their viewing experience.
Increase The Impact Of Your Promo Video
It's clear that making a video promo is a smart investment. But to get the most bang for your buck, you need to ensure your video makes an impact. Here are a few video ideas and tips to keep in mind when planning and producing your video content.
8 TIPS FROM THE PROS:
- Keep it short. Your video promo can be up to 2 minutes, but even a 30-second snippet can effectively relay all the important information. The goal is to highlight your promotion or event quickly, grab the viewer's attention, and leave them curious.
- Be creative. While you don't want your video promo to scream advertisement, you also don't want it to blend in with all the other videos out there. A creative video will draw people in, and they'll want to watch it, even knowing it's a promotion.
- Stay on track. You want your video promo to focus on the details when promoting a sale or event. Include specific info on the experience, what you are offering, and when it is happening.
- Keep it fresh. You will likely be sharing your video promos quite a bit. Make a few alternate edits during production to keep the posts from feeling repetitive. This is especially relevant for time-sensitive video promos.
- Make it warm and fuzzy. Videos that trigger emotions are twice as likely to be shared on social media, and video promos are no exception. In fact, these videos must invoke emotion. Try to include content that makes someone smile or laugh. Stir up warm feelings of affection or nostalgia.
- Tell them what to do. End your video promo with a visual call-to-action, like a discount code or the time and date for your event. Let the viewer know what step you want them to take next, and make sure to include any specific info they’ll need, such as an address or phone number. A visual title can help the viewer focus on what they need to remember.
- Make a deal, or don't. A video promo can include discounts or special offers, but it doesn't have to. Your video can highlight an aspect of your business just as easily as promoting an event. The critical part of a video promo is to entice the viewer and encourage them to dig deeper into what you have to offer.
- Go professional. Consider hiring a professional video production company to avoid the challenges and pitfalls of making your own video promo. These days video packages are easier on your budget and can include everything from writing your script, casting your video, or combining animation and live-action footage.
A Final Word
This beginner's guide to video promos walked you through some of the most important aspects of a video promo and offered some professional tips along the way. Hopefully, it provided some insight into why a high-quality video promo is a critical part of your marketing strategy and how to make sure you create one that will give maximum results.
If you're ready to engage your audience with a professional video promo, contact Levitate Media for all the guidance you need.
Be sure to check out our new Video Pricing Calculator! Customize by style, purpose, length, and more, and get an estimated budget for your next video project!