Video marketing is worth the investment.
Have you been looking for a sign to move forward with a video marketing campaign? This is the sign you've been looking for. To create any successful marketing strategy, you need to calculate the cost vs. value. When considering this, know that though quality video content may not be the least expensive marketing strategy, it is the most valuable. Its value far exceeds all other forms. According to surveys, 74% of marketers say video has a better ROI than static imagery 87% say it brings them a good ROI. These stats, by themselves, make a convincing case for including video in your marketing plan. This article will give five more reasons why video marketing is valuable to growing your business.
*For even more motivational facts, check out our article on Video Marketing Trends and Statistics for 2023.
1. Video content drives growth.
Video content drives business growth by giving businesses access to a larger audience and the ability to reach customers in an engaging, visual way. Companies can use video content to generate leads and sales, increase brand awareness, educate potential customers about products and services, provide customer support, and more. In fact, 81% of marketers say video has helped them directly increase sales. Creating video content has the potential to generate excellent acquisition and selling potential. It is much more likely to be shared than text-based content, allowing businesses to reach a wider audience.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- Videos help nurture leads by attracting 300% more traffic.
- 84% of marketing professionals claim video helped them with lead generation.
- Video marketing creates 66% more qualified leads per year.
- 81% of companies say video has helped them directly increase sales.
The compelling nature of video gives a video marketing campaign the ability to increase business growth. Video content is an excellent tool; overlooking its usefulness can limit your marketing and positioning efforts. According to HubSpot, 93% of marketing professionals consider it an essential part of their overall marketing strategy.
2. Video will be the most effective marketing tool in 2023.
The bottom line is that consumers watch videos. Using video content is a great way to build trust in your brand. Because it is easy to digest, people prefer video as a resource for learning about products and services. Research shows that, on average, viewers watch 16 hours of video per week and spend 2.6x more time on pages with online video content than without it. It is becoming increasingly popular on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram, where people can quickly watch and share content. A survey from Wyzowl confirms people's passion for video.
- 88% of people say they decided to purchase a product or service because they watched a brand's video.
- 73% prefer watching a short video to learn about a product or service.
- 78% of consumers say they bought or downloaded software or apps by watching a video.
- 92.1% of the global population consumes digital video weekly.
Consumers love video content because it is engaging and easy to understand. Over three billion internet users streamed or downloaded video at least once per month in 2022, and consumers will be looking for more video content in the coming years. You should consider incorporating more videos into your marketing strategies to target your customers effectively, and maximize your business potential.
3. Video lets you reach and track performance targets and business goals.
Creating engaging content that speaks directly to your audience lets you reach new potential customers and increase traffic flow to your business. To meet your goals, however, it is essential to understand how successful a video campaign will be. Fortunately, there are metrics to measure the effects of your campaign on audience actions. Tracking viewer engagement, lead generation, play rate, and call-to-action clicks from your initial video campaign can help you improve future efforts and stay on target. Statistics prove that video marketing can help your bottom line, making it a compelling investment.
- Video increases organic search traffic on a website by 157%.
- Websites using video have an average CVR of 4.8%, compared to 2.9% for those that don't have video.
- Unlike any other marketing format, video has the highest conversion rate.
- Video email marketing can increase click-through rates by 65% and lower unsubscribe rates by 26%.
Video marketing is an invaluable tool for meeting your Key Performance Indicators and driving success within your business. Data-driven insights will allow you to track the benefits of your video campaigns and make adjustments as needed for maximum impact. You ultimately need to see a return in dollars and cents, but video will also help you meet your business goals and increase your momentum in many ways.
4. Video can help you write your success story.
Video marketing can be an incredibly effective way to reach your target audiences and increase your brand awareness. Extraordinary video marketing examples are everywhere, and the importance of video cannot be overlooked. Some of the most prominent companies today use video marketing to take their business to the next level. By studying some of these successful stories, you can get inspired for your campaigns and create content that will resonate with your audience.
Dove: Soap that inspired self-reflection.
One of the most successful video marketing efforts of recent years was the "Dove Real Beauty Sketches" campaign. This campaign featured a series of videos that showed women describing themselves and then describing another woman. The results were powerful and eye-opening. The video was viewed over 114 million times and quickly went viral, prompting millions of conversations about beauty standards worldwide.
TRY THIS- Creating authentic video content can resonate with your audience. Instead of using your video marketing campaign to sell something to your customers, let them see who you are and what you stand for.
Duolingo: An owl that became marketing gold.
This now popular language-learning app created clever short-form videos of its mascot, "Duo the Owl," to personify its brand. Their best videos are short comical clips of Duo posted on the social media outlet TikTok. They have since created a following, leading to almost 2 billion views.
TRY THIS- TikTok is great for creating branding content. This platform offers a unique way to reach new customers, especially in the Gen Z category. Sharing TikTok content is easy, so post your videos with other social media outlets.
Tuft & Needle: A small budget and a smart plan.
Two friends had a $50/per day marketing budget and a mission to build a better mattress. They used their money to create and post several creative YouTube videos under 2 minutes long, hoping to discover what resonated with their audience. Once they figured out what their potential customers liked, they scaled up their marketing and quickly turned their $6000 start-up into $100 Million in sales.
TRY THIS-- Create short YouTube videos to get a feel for what your audience wants. Mix up the messages to target different stages in the audience journey.
A video marketing strategy that is well-planned and well-built is a powerful way to get your message across to a large audience. Make video a part of your marketing budget, and reap the benefits of video marketing. The next success story could be yours!
5. Videos make the most out of your marketing budget.
Video content marketing is a powerful tool. Investing in professional video production will pay off in many places. Video campaigns help you reach a wider audience, as videos are more likely to be shared on social media than text or images. Many types of videos are available, but repurposing videos across several platforms is a new trend that can be an easy and efficient way to distribute content. Use your video for websites, blogs, and email campaigns, and link these searchable assets in different ways to foster client retention. Try using these marketing tips to maximize your investment.
- Short-form video clips allow you to quickly get your message across without investing too much time or energy into creating a longer video. You can cut a longer video into smaller pieces for various social media formats. They are ideal for businesses with limited budgets or time restraints.
- You can also break down the video into clips that focus on specific topics and upload them as individual pieces of content. Doing this will help reach different audiences who may not have seen the original video.
- You can also utilize short clips to drive traffic to longer pieces of content, such as full-length videos or articles.
- Consider optimizing the video content on various platforms by creating multiple titles, thumbnails, and alt text to cater to search algorithms.
Video is becoming an increasingly popular form of digital marketing. There are unlimited ways to use video content. Be creative with your video distribution plan to get all you can from your marketing budget.
*Click here for more information about creating your SEO Video Marketing Strategy!
Video marketing is your key to unlocking the next level of growth.
The evidence is clear. Video is an incredibly successful marketing tool that is well worth the investment. If you aren't utilizing video in your marketing campaign, you are missing an opportunity to advance your business.
Getting your money's worth out of your marketing budget requires creating high-quality, compelling video content. Consider how professional video production can help you deliver a clear message to your audience and improve your return on investment. If you want to discuss a video project for your company, contact Levitate Media and talk with one of our video strategists to see how we can best support you.